Forum Discussion

havoc2k
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

port forwarding

how do I add an IP to forward ports? I just upgraded my modem & now I can't see my camera server to forward the ports
    4 years ago

I ran into a similar problem. I had upgraded last fall and set up all of my wireless cameras set up for port forwarding. Now, I don't claim to be an IT expert, but i can hold my own in configuring my equipment. The recent Panorama modem update blocked me from seeing any of my cameras. And, when I tried checking my port forwards by logging onto my modem, I found that Cox eliminated that option and required me to use their "wifi.cox.com" site. I still could not do anything to eliminate the blocking. I ended up calling tech support (yes, I do subscribe to that service) and after about a half hour on line with the technician, the solution was to disable the "Advanced Security" option. Doing this allowed my cameras to be viewed once again. My only comment to Cox: I understand your efforts to simplify operations for the masses... but why change something that has WORKED for the rest of us? These changes should be OPTIONS, not REQUIREMENTS. As my old boss used to say, "They'll keep 'improving' systems until they become totally useless".