Forum Discussion

Cazz1
New Contributor II
20 days ago

Outages Zip Code 85018

Over the last few days (since Sunday), my service area (in Phoenix, zip code 85018) has had multiple outages that last for several hours. Today (Wednesday), it started in the morning. The issue was supposed to be resolved by 12:30 and now that deadline has been extended to 4:22 PM. We had similar lengthy outages on Sunday, Monday, etc. Can someone provide clarity on what has been done to resolve this issue once and for all? Thank you.

56 Replies

jaws222
    New Contributor III

In fact, since they're claiming it's an upgrade expect a price hike in a few months

jaws222
      New Contributor III

That doesn't mean they're going to honor it.  A few months back I got an unsolicited email saying my next 2 months would get a credit for some kind of billing error.  I get my next months bill and it was almost a dollar more

Zaw
      New Contributor II

I got $22 so far, but you best believe I’ll be calling for more.  

Cazz1
    New Contributor II

So as discussed yesterday I filed a complaint with the FCC - here is what I got today

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your submission. Based on our review, your Ticket No. XXX was served on your provider on June 13, 2024.

Here's what you can expect from the FCC's informal complaint process:

- Your provider should contact you directly in an effort to resolve your issue.
    - The FCC's role in this process is to facilitate a conversation between you and your provider.
    - Your provider is required to submit to the FCC a written response regarding your issue no later than 30 days from today.
    - The FCC will not contact you until we receive a response from your provider.

You can view a list of frequently asked questions about the informal complaint process at: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/205082880.

jaws222
      New Contributor III

Unfortunately the FCC is just as useless as the SEC and the ACC here in Arizona.  

jake27
    New Contributor II

85018 here, mine has been down since Tuesday night, approaching the 5:40 estimated repair time. My guess is it’s pushed back another 6 hours. This is anything but an “upgrade”. 

jake27
    New Contributor II

BOOOOOOO!!! service being down is one thing but zero communication is another. Terrible. 

dlemonk9s
    New Contributor

I’ve been experiencing the same issues for over a week now….. since the last ‘outage’.   Ive done all the troubleshooting and chats with them and nothing helps!   Still continued issued.   Thanks for the info on making a formal complete …. I’ll be doing the same.   Tired of paying $$$$ and get crap for service and customer service.   

Sizsis
    New Contributor III

They shut down the other discussion. It's been 48 hours with no service in 85008. They gave me 11 dollars lol still no explanation, just that the techs are still working on it... as I said before no one from cox has been spotted doing anything so I guess they're working from the sky or they are invisible to the naked eye. 

It's apparent that corporate knows they can do or not do whatever they want and we have to endure it because we have no other options. 

jaws222
      New Contributor III

Yup.  I emailed them using that cox email from the old discussion.  Offered me a refund, but never addressed when the work will be fixed.  Are they just going to give daily refunds?  What if the outage extends into next week which could happen?

Sizsis
        New Contributor III

I'm connected as of 930am, fingers crossed. Oh and my complaint to the FCC was supposedly received by Cox today (coincidence?) and they have 30 days to reach out to me. 

smward1918
    New Contributor II

Response I received from Cox Twitter customer service. More information than available on the outage map, but still extremely vague and uninspiring. Basically just confirms the ETA will always be meaningless.

Sizsis
      New Contributor III

I'm 85008 and have been down since 830am... I work from home this week and had to take a personal day. 

Cazz1
        New Contributor II

I would definitely go to the FCC and just in case keep track of lost wages/income.

smward1918
      New Contributor II

Looks like the screenshot of my chat disappeared - here is the text:

I apologize for such a long time without services. I checked and it looks like your area is being impacted by a damaged line that we are still in the process of repairing. Due to the amount of work involved we have not been able to provide an accurate time frame and is why the estimated time keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully this is down for too much longer.

Cazz1
    New Contributor II

BTW - the ETA for repair has now been extended to 10:21 (it was 12:22, then 4:22, then 8:22 and now 10:21)…

smward1918
      New Contributor II

If that's 10:21PM, hopefully a good sign the arbitrary extensions are getting shorter? I don't see any time provided on my end now for some reason. The last text just offered me the option to pause notifications overnight.