Forum Discussion

dreamypeach_
New Contributor
4 days ago

Outage

Hey.. I like cox I really do. Recently there was an outage last week for the full week with anticipated solution times. I’m assuming due to the back to back outages they came to the conclusion that there is actually an area outage with no anticipated solution time. Unfortunately.. I work from home and this is day 2 of using my personal time to call out same day at work due to the results of the outage. I went to online support and you guys are genuinely right about them they are of no help, they just send me automatic hotspot links which is of no use to using for work. Especially when the areas hotspot states it’s disconnected and out of range unfortunately due to this service outage. I will say it is DEFINITELY not online support to blame, I don’t really know who to blame. All I know is this internet outage can have negative repercussions to folks who work from home. It’s just an unfortunate case that has been long overdue. 

• Same here! I've never gotten anywhere near the speeds I'm paying for. I had called in to billing as my price lock was ending and the CS person was very nice and recommended getting the Panoramic wifi router from them. I did and it made things significantly worse. At least before it was relatively slow but had consistent service. The day that I installed this I started having intermittent service with it constantly dropping. They sent a check out and said the wires at my house were good and that it was somewhere outside the property. The next day the service went completely down with no ETA on how long it would be. I think it was out for 3 days then I finally get a text message saying it was fixed. Luckily I waited before I replied to their text message because it was definitely not fixed. Still continues to drop. I work from home as well and this is created Havoc trying to get anything done. I've used the hotspot on my phone as best I can but my printer is will not connect to my phone hotspot so I have not been able to print anything which I need for work. I have a tech coming out again today. Not sure what they can do if it's not at my house but still within the neighborhood. The people on the phone have been miserable to deal with. Granted I understand they have limited information on their end to share but providing a case number does nothing for me. Doesn't give me a time frame or any information on when it might be completed. Might have to look into a business plan to see if that would give me any better service. Intermittent service is awful as some of my devices do not want to reconnect automatically.

All of my work is deadline driven. And I'm self-employed so this is detrimental to my company.

NicholeC

I'm sorry to hear you've had ongoing troubles. We want to see this resolved for you. If you have any concerns after your appointment, or need assistance with your account now, please email us for support at cox.help@cox.com 

Thank you.

dreamypeach_
        New Contributor

Just like the SMS support and phone line support .. emailing you guys does nothing. I’m going to need a tech support person to my unit ( most likely everyone’s unit ) here. The line “ 99.9% connectivity rate with unbeatable and reliable secondary back up when needed “ is not living to its name. Monday is a new day and I can NOT go without internet. 

• I am truly sorry you are having this issue. I work from home and can understand the impact of not staying connected. Please email my team with your request at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Thank you.