Forum Discussion

sgerman
New Contributor
2 months ago

Outage

I’m getting really tired of not having internet. The outage started with the storm this past Wednesday and each time someone calls it gets responded by the stupid link that says that there is an outage. Yes. I know there is an outage. Why is it taking 4 + days to fix it. And no one can give me answer other than sending the “outage map” which by the way does absolutely nothing. Cox customers should be getting compensation for something we pay for and people can’t even fix it. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shoopdawg
    New Contributor

Agree 100%!!  I’m so tired of coz and their antiquated equipment and costly overcharges.  Can’t wait ATT gets fiber over here.  Cox is the only option and they don’t respond kindly to credit requests like they once did.  I remember a time well before private equity and recapitalization events, where cox was 100% customer focused and cared about infrastructure.   Now unfortunately it’s about $$$.  I’m hopeful we get Internet restored soon.  I rely on it to work remotely.  Cox goes down all the time over here and I’ve had multiple techs tell me it’s because cox hasn’t upgraded the equipment in this area in forever.  

•  Hello sgerman, when unplanned events occur.  Outages will be posted so customers can be alerted that we are aware of your concern.  As for information regarding what occurred.  Outage tickets are not updated until resolved and ticket completed by the repair tech.  We would not be able to ever provide specific information due to its unplanned nature.  We apologize for the delays restoring service due to what appears to be a weather event in your area.  The purpose of our forums is to allow customers interact and help one another with questions or concerns they have with their equipment or programs.  If you have specific concerns where you need our assistance.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address to get started.

Shoopdawg
      New Contributor

We get it’s a weather event.  But days?  This wasn’t a hurricane.  

Pwhaarer
      New Contributor

Luckily At&t is installing fiber in my neighborhood because I have dealt with Cox Communications crappy service and even crappy customer service for far too long, nearly 20 years too long.  Pisz off Cox.

• I have been dealing with internet problems for two days now. The internet keeps going down and always saying there’s an outage.🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

DannyS

Hello ronaldberry70, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed.  We can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.