Forum Discussion

Verdigris
New Contributor
10 months ago

Northern VA stilllllllll no internet in spite of "all clear"

Northern VA (zip 22039): Yesterday I was finally able to get someone to respond in chat after 4 failed attempts where they just disconnect, and they said it was planned and we were notified. We were not, except for a text when internet went out Friday evening during a storm. It is Tuesday now, and still nothing. The app finally reports everything is back online, but nothing works. No form of restart will stop the yellow flashing on the router.

WTF Cox, no service for 4 or 5 days and you can't even provide an update? If you don't care about your customers' awareness, at least empower your employees and let them provide some kind of update. Lots of folks need to work from home.

7 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, what model modem and router do you have? Have you tried bypassing your router and connecting direct to the modem? Do you lose any lights on the modem?

Verdigris
      New Contributor

Hello! We have just the single modem/router tower for panoramic wifi gigablast. Whatever was standard issue for 1gig plans in 2022. We are in zipcode 22039, FWIW.

Did every possible mix of restarts, unplugging, cox chat said they restarted multiple times but no dice. App now tells me it is unsuccessful each time it tried to do remote restart/reboot. Modem/router lights have been the usual blinking yellow for the past 5 days (normal for no signal)

Now just awaiting actual tech visit later this week. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        We are in zipcode 22039, FWIW.

Thanks for the zip code. I think other people are posting from VA so you are not alone. Sounds like the gateway is hard down so I won't suggest bypassing splitters or the like. I think you are stuck until you can get a technician out there. Might help to contact Cox at cox.help@cox.com for a ETR on the outage. Not sure they can give one but can't hurt to ask.