Forum Discussion

AXZ
New Contributor
5 years ago

New Port Forwarding Method

Firstly, the new method of port forwarding being handled on Cox's website rather than on the router itself is a horrible idea and I hate it.

With that out of the way, I can't seem to get it to work. I am trying to host a simple http server via IIS on my windows 10 computer and I can't get anything to see it externally. When I check my PC's IP or localhost I can see it just fine. But I cant get it to connect at all on my external IP. I have completely disabled my windows firewall to test and still nothing so it must be on Cox's end. I forwarded port 80 to my PC's IP but it just isn't happening.

Any ideas?

Edit: Cox, if you aren't going to allow me to use port 80, could you please tell me that when I port forward it? Since you have this elaborate website thing you're using to do it you should have the ability to check if the forwarded port is or contains a blocked one.

3 Replies

AXZ
      New Contributor

Thanks for the info.

"Web browsers use Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP) to communicate with web servers. In addition to protecting bandwidth by preventing customers from running high-traffic web servers, we can stop many destructive worms that spread through security holes in web server software."

This seems like a long way of saying "you aren't allowed to use the thing you pay for."

AXZ
    New Contributor

This should be all the relevant info.