Forum Discussion

mda5151
New Contributor
5 years ago

new modem/router activation

I'm trying to activate a new modem/router and the customer service rep kept getting an error.  She said she wasn't able to remove the existing modem from the account. I don't know if it's an issue with the new modem or on the service/account end.  She attempted to transfer me but the call was disconnected.  Is there a contact number for someone involved with more technical experience?  I'd prefer not to go through the same process with a new rep just to get transferred again.  

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Did you also subscribe to telephone service so the modem is also a telephone modem?

Richard_Ford
      New Contributor

No, I thought I owned it.  If Im paying for it monthly I want it to stop.  Thats why I BOUGHT a new one

Richard_Ford
        New Contributor

Apparently no one is hearing me.  I must be on here by myself.  I dont know what a forum is but its not helping me.  Ive tried "chat" and all I got was the same stupid answer over and over, so I thought I would try the forum, but thats not working ether.  apparently there is no other service around.  I have been a cox customer for over 20 years.