Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
11 months ago

My devices keep going offline

What could be causing my devices to keep going offline?  This is an intermittent issue.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Lovemylab
    Contributor III

In the case of the printers, are you sure they are losing connectivity to the network, or are you losing the ability to connect to them, from a PC for instance. My HP and Brother printers both require static IP's in order to be accessed consistently.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I have a Brother printer(MFC-J470DW) and it doesn't require a static. I just look up the IP on my router's network map and enter that IP into a browser. Maybe you mean for a direct connection to the printer?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

It's not required but DHCP can lose the mapping to the printer manager of the printer.  The first step to troubleshoot is a static address.

I'm unsure about the DVR...perhaps an IP conflict with the printer and Contour can't inform you of the conflict.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What model router do you have? Do they lose connection to the network or just go offline?

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Panoramic Wifi Gateway

Brand: TECHNICOLOR

Model: CGM4331COM

They go offline.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Do they go offline at the same time while other devices are online? If so, that is weird. I wish we could see the router logs to tell what's happening. Also, does it happen every 2 hours? If so, I wonder if it could be related to the DHCP lease.