Forum Discussion

plasticmodeler
New Contributor
2 years ago

Modem (or router) looses connectivity and reconnects after exactly 1 minute several times a day.

Arris Touchstone CM8200 Modem and Linksys EA8300 Wifi router. Nothing is showing up in router logs. Resetting either one has no effect. All internet stops and then reconnects after exactly one minute. This happens several times a day. I have the Gigablast package and this is unacceptable for the money I spend every month.

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What do you think loses connectivity...devices to router, router to modem or modem to Cox?

I'd temporarily remove the router from your connection by directly connecting a device to the WAN port of the modem.  If you still lose connectivity, it's either the modem or Cox.

Can you upload an image of the Event Log of your modem?

plasticmodeler
      New Contributor

I tried to do that but I lost all internet . In an effort to see if the modem or the router was the issue, I hooked an 8-port gigabit switch between the modem and the router. I hooked all wired devices to the switch so the router was only servicing wi-fi devices in the house. All hell broke loos. No internet, nothing. no matter what I did everything was dead. Reset the modem and the router several times. I then hooked everything up the way it was. After several resets of the modem and the router everything cam,e back. I ran a Smoke ping for 48 hours with no drop outs. The internet never went out the whole time. When the smoke ping ended at 4 pm Sun, the internet went out at 5:43 pm. When the internet goes out the light on the modem never change.

http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping.cgi?target=network.ede8907cb08f55c6327141cde6399444

ArizonaDon
    New Contributor III

I had the same problem. My modem was bad. Replaced. No more issues. 

ArizonaDon
    New Contributor III

I had the same problem. My modem was bad. Replaced. No more issues.