Forum Discussion

lounsbery75
New Contributor
11 months ago

MAC Address Filtering

Hi, I am having trouble connecting my wireless HP printer to my wifi. I enter the proper SSID and pass, and it fails to connect. the printers report says that MAC address filtering may be on, and if it is, I need to add the printers MAC address in order for it to connect. Any advice? Cox Assist has been less than helpful in 3 separate calls.

5 Replies

gudda09
    New Contributor

Did you get this resolved? I just started using Cox last month, have at 10 devices connected, but it will not connect my printer(and an android tv device) for the same reason... Please let me know if/how you were able to get it resolved.

Thanks!

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

Again, the biggest reason for connection issues with these devices, is a SPACE in your network name. "MYNETWORK" is fine, "MY NETWORK" will not work with MANY IOT devices, wireless printers and a number of android devices. 

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you're having issues with devices connecting. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. 3rd party device connection is not entirely in our scope of services but we would be happy to check the network from our end if needed. We value your business, and would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

May be overkill, but have you tried a factory reset of the gateway? What model modem/gateway do you have for instructions? AFAIK there is no option for MAC filtering inside the App. Listed here as "unsupported" but don't know if that means it isn't configurable or just not supported by Cox.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Make sure you are not within 5 feet of the router. Also, ensure that your SSID, The Network name has no spaces in it.  MYNETWORK is good, "MY NETWORK" Isn't. 

The reason that there hasn't been any assistance in 3 calls, is that Cox doesn't support attaching printers to the WiFi. That support is advanced support, and it's 10$ a month, called, Cox Complete Care.