Forum Discussion

4899madi
New Contributor
5 months ago

Internet stops working. White solid light.

I have a question. The past 2 days my internet will stop working on and off every couple of minutes. The light stays a solid white light. We have reset the router/unplugged and replugged, etc and still the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the sporadic service. I can understand how frustrating that is and I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We want to get this fixed for you 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Try looking at your signal levels. I assume you have a white Panoramic gateway from Cox. If so go to 192.168.0.1 > user;admin password;password(unless changed) > Connection > Cox Network > Scroll down and look at your downstream and upstream levels. Downstream should be between +5 and -5dB with SNR above 35. Upstream should be below 50. If not within spec, explain how the coaxial gets from the street to the room the modem/gateway is in.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Do all of your devices stop working all at the same time? Do you have anything connected via Ethernet?

JuanC

Hello 4899madi, Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com for assistance. We'd love to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you,

Juan

Cox Forum Moderator

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

JuanC, why did you post the same message that ChrisJ2 said? We don't need two people saying the same copy/paste answer.