Internet Speed Capped to 100 Mbps
I have been a Cox customer for about 10 months and within the last month I moved and transferred my service. Every since then, I have been unable to obtain download speeds higher then 100 Mbps. I have been paying for Gigablast the entire time and I also pay for unlimited data. I have contacted multiple support representatives and I have not gotten a clear answer as to why this is happening. Most tell me that it is my equipment that is causing the issue and that I should contact the manufacturer. They have even stated that if my equipment wasn't the issue, then there wasn't anything else Cox could or would do for me on this issue.
I am using an Arris SB 8200 that is just about 11 months old and a new Amplifi Mesh WiFi system that is less then 2 months old, all of which where working just fine until I moved into this new place. But never the less I have contacted both of them and they can not find anything wrong with their equipment. With that in mind, I reset both to factory settings twice in the last month and I still am not able to download anything faster then 100 Mbps.
The last service representative I spoke with scheduled a technician to come out to my home to attempt to resolve the issue. I am skeptical that this will work because when I asked what the tech will do during the appointment, the representative said " hopefully they can fix it, if not they will just have to run it up the ladder and escalate it." They said they had the same problem at there home and that the technician could not resolve it so they have just been dealing with it. So now I will just get to wait and see what happens on Thursday.
Hopefully someone can offer up a solution a solution other just then dealing with it, or down-grading my internet package.