Forum Discussion

Racerken
New Contributor
2 years ago

Internet problem escallation

I wanted 1 Gig internet.   I went to the Cox store and got the Cox modern / router.   After install, my speeds were brutally slow.    Cox decided that there was a physical problem with the Cable.  they came out and ran a new piece under the street and replace the cable into the house.   Then I get charged $100 for cox to replace their own hardware.    the tech even tried a replacement modem.   still it was 60% slower than advertised.   Anyway I digress,  speed with ethernet hard wire 105mbps,   with wifi 305mbps.     when  i call all i get is everything is good.......UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cox likes to tell me what I can do to fix such as take the router in and get a replacement.  I pay for service,  in this case $100 that was never disclosed to me (surprise!)

Canned responses and deflection does not  solve my service issues.  I need someone that can take action.

2 Replies

Jameswyatt73521
    New Contributor II

Cox wen tout last night in my area and its now out again 07/28/22 i work from home have had this job for 5 years i cant be missing work noticed on down detector that most of the country is out at the moment

LisaH
      Hi Jameswyatt73521. The most accurate way to determine if there is an outage in your area is to use the Cox app via any mobile device. We don't send any information about outages to any website other than our own. I completely understand how frustrated you are about missing work and we are working as quickly as possible to get service restored. If you need further information, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator