Forum Discussion

wreed
New Contributor
5 years ago

internet outage every day at 5:20 AM

every morning for the past few months my internet goes out for about 4 minutes at exactly 5:20 AM.  I work in the mornings and so having this happen is a disruption. i have been working around it, and keep forgetting to ask why this is happening and if it is a maintenance thing, if i could reschedule it for 2 am.  It has not always been like this.  i have had the same service for years and this only started sometime in October.

4 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Wreed, it could be that your modem is not processing a firmware update sent at that particular time every day, causing the modem to reboot. I am not showing any recent outages or maintenance that has taken place in your area over the last two weeks. I went ahead and reprovisioned your modem. Can you please perform a factory reset at your earliest convenience? If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend sending out a service technician. For further assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    tlcOKC
    New Contributor

I have been experiencing the same issue here in Oklahoma City. I called Cox and they suggested that I was imagining things but they would "make a note" of the issue.  I did a reset on my modem and the time of the outage shifted to later in the day, but it still happens EVERY DAY.  I've been a Cox customer for 15 years, but with this issue, coupled with the inferior picture quality I get sometimes when trying to watch live sports and the regular price increases -- and the fact that AT&T now has fiber in my neighborhood, I'm in the process of moving all my email to my Gmail account so I can say goodbye to Cox's horrible service.

Allan
      @ticOKC, We may have to send out a tech since you are constantly experiencing this issue. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.