Forum Discussion

Jsgt09
New Contributor
6 years ago

Internet goes down when cold

When the weather gets colder than 10 degrees or so my inter et speed progressively drops to pretty much nothing. I have had technicians out 3 different times and they said they were going to escalate the issue to engineering as it must be a problem up the line somewhere. That was last winter and I'm still having the same issue.

I have replaced my router and modem both in the last 6 months. The last time I called tech support all they said they could do was send a tech. I don't need another tech, I need Cox to fix my problem up the line where they said the issue was. None of my neighbors have this issue, very frustrating. And it's impossible to reach anyone at Cox other than customer support.

• Glad to see Cox hasn’t addressed this post from years ago and I’m currently having this issue during Midwest winter storm January 2024.  No help from customer support and no one can give me a point of contact to talk to a real human being.  Looking forward to switching to another provider soon.  No internet for almost 72 hours now and my job depends on having it here at home.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    Jsgt09 wrote:

problem up the line where they said the issue was. None of my neighbors have this issue

If your issue is caused by a "problem up the line", your neighbors with the same Cox service should have the same issue.  Where did the techs check your signal?  The issue could be caused by a fault at the tap, drop line, demarc and/or your cable past the demarc before it enters your house.  If it's one of the first three, Cox is responsible for repairs.  The last one would be on you.

Mshelly31
    New Contributor

Mine went out over 30 hours ago before the snow storm hit here.  Still out and they say it’s due to maintenance “network issues”. But it seems like only handful of us are affected.  I’ve had them over 20 years.  I hate them, this is getting ridiculous.  We have nothing to do.  Everything used internet and we have used all our cell data.  Kids snowed in and I’m hearing bitching.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  They owe explanation what is maintenance that takes over a day and a half and only affects a handful.  

• Hello, Mshelly31, sorry to hear about the concerns regarding the service.  This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally.  We can definitely be able to assist you with this.  If needed, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.

Mshelly31
      New Contributor

They did and said it’s network issues and maintenance and there’s nothing they can do.  I’ll have to wait they said. 

NicholeC

I'm sorry for the wait. It sounds like this is being addressed. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to us via email, Facebook, or Twitter with your account info. Thank you