Forum Discussion

KSouth
New Contributor
22 days ago

Internet Down, Just Upgraded.

Just upgraded to 500 Mbps yesterday AND went into store to get a whole new modem. Getting maybe 30 Mbps, sometimes 0. It will stay up to what’s it’s supposed to for about 10 minutes and go back down. 
Tried troubleshooting every way possible and nothing is working. Started a chat with an agent and it wasn’t much help either.. so frustrating. 

• Hello KSouth,

We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your services.  Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com so that we may investigate.  

Cox Forum Support Moderator 

6 Replies

rizwanazaidi
    New Contributor II

I called in concerned that my 256 mbs was slow - could I upgrade? The guy said, “yes! We can get you up to 500mbs but your bill will increase.” I went for it, since I need it for work. 

Fast forward a month, many outages, I noticed my speed didn’t increase one iota. I call back and they say, after running my modem/unit, “You have a modem that is 5 generations old and I was paying extra for a whopping 3 mbps. Lord help me.

As I write this, my blazing 3 mbps is currently in an outage. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, riz. I'm so sorry for the poor experience you've had with us. I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running.

richarddeanw19
      New Contributor

You are telling mine and many others story. They told me I needed to upgrade my modem and that did nothing. but make my wallet lighter.

Lately I lose internet at least once a week.  Cox is garbage and has been for a long time. I just got ATT fiber in my area. I going to try them.

ChrisJ2

We're sorry to see you go. If there's anything I can do to help. please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. Thank you. 

• Hello KSouth,

We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your services.  Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com so that we may investigate.  

Cox Forum Support Moderator