Forum Discussion

DRMAC
New Contributor
2 years ago

Internet down for 2 weeks plus

we have had no internet for two weeks. Cox convinced me to change out the modem/router. No change, The modem is searching for a signal that it never gets. Requested service call to inspect their property from the street to the house. Tech was told no one would be home but to test their end of it. Tech arrived, on time. and called me. Said he had to get in the house. I told him what the service call was for and what not require entry. He left and cancelled my appointment! I have been on the phone, done hours of texting and no one can tell me why he left without fulfilling the appointment. Would not answer his phone and would not call back. This is not customer service! I realize that there is a possibility that the problm is in the interior cable and once they verify that their part of it is functioning we could set up an inside appointment. 

Besides checking for a signal inside, what more do they need access to? No one in customer service seems to be able to answer that question.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest scheduling a technician when you will be available. Sounds like the technician found ingress on your line coming from your house and needs to get inside to see what's causing it. Probably effecting your neighbors too so the alternative is they could just shut your line/service down.

DRMAC
      New Contributor

All my neighbors are unaffected. He did nothing. If he had elimnated that it was not on the Cox side then we could set up an appointment to check the inside.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

The only "no contact" appointments I knew how to schedule were Specials Request Orders(SRO) that just confirm service is working at the tap. No troubleshooting is done. It's mostly to see if someone is eligible for a self install and not to solve problems. You need a field technician, that may need access to your home. If you are worried about charge, get the Cox Complete Care plan which should cover everything. I think its 10$ a month and you need to keep it for 3 months to cover the cost of a chargeable appointment. If it's a outside wiring issue, you aren't charged either way.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

They cancel the TC to avoid your getting billed. That doesn't mean they didn't check outside. 

DRMAC
      New Contributor

He did not check anything just left. I had hoped he would have either said yes the problem is on Cox side or no it must be inside.

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

How do you know he didn't check the Green Box where Cox has the cable wires going to each house to ensure it was connected properly and getting proper signals?