Forum Discussion

POJV
New Contributor
5 years ago

Increased internet speeds for existing accounts broke communications between modem and router.

I received an email from Cox stating I had been upgraded all I needed to do is reset my Modem. I reset my modem and lost all connectivity to my router. Called Cox and they stated it appeared to be my router( it was working moments before) so I went out and purchased a new router only to have the same results. Calls and chats have provided any corrections. They wish to send someone out to inspect the router hook up at my cost.

Old router was Belkin N750, New is  Netgear Nighthawk AC2100.

5 Replies

• @pojv Hi POJV. To test if this is a modem issue, you can directly connect a computer to the modem. If all works, then it isn't the modem. Also, be sure that when you try to add the router, you must reset the modem first before connecting a device. The modem you have has 2 ethernet ports however only 1 device can be connected. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      POJV
      New Contributor

Lisa I am direct conncted to the modem from this PC. Soemthing happened with the upgrade that is not allowing data to flow through to the router.. ( 2 different routers tried).

LatitiaS
        Hi POJV,

Please send us an email with your name and address to cox.help@cox.com so that we may review the modem diagnostics. Be sure to include the URL. We look forward to hearing from you.

Latitia
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Uriah93
    New Contributor

After this "upgrade" I keep getting T3 errors and even T4 errors and disconnecting every 20-30 minutes. I also called and they said they would send someone out to check it for a cost. I just got a new modem and router 2 weeks before and now I have this problem, the event log clearly shows it's something wrong with the tap or amplifier and I shouldn't be charged for that fix.