Forum Discussion

Jos2007
New Contributor
10 months ago

I got a charge for an On demand/Pay per view movie I never ordered.

I know this has happened to another person before. I saw the same complaint on this forum.The very rude representative told me through the chat that I had to pay the charge. When I asked for a supervisor, he had the audacity to say that the supervisor would say the same thing. It's Sunday, so when I called the 1-800-234-3993 number it said it is after hours, so they're closed. It is very deceiving and fraudulent to charge a person for a service they never received or voluntarily ordered. How can I resolve this? I will contact Cox tomorrow and I need to speak with a supervisor.

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry that occurred to you and I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We are glad to look into this for you. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Cox may have made an error.  But could someone in your household have ordered the movie without you knowing?   To prevent the possibility of that occurring in the future, you might consider using the Contour Parental Control On Demand lock to control access to pay per view, if you haven't done so already.

Managing the Parental Control On Demand Locks on Contour (cox.com)