Forum Discussion

turner22517
New Contributor
5 years ago

How is cox able to prove you are actually going over your data usage?

How is cox able to prove you are actually going over your data usage? I see the chart but no other supporting documentation.

Example: Cox says I primarily use my GB downloading games HOWEVER I do not download games so when I want to see what devices they are collecting this data from Cox cannot provide that information therefore they are unable to prove their claim of overage.

5 Replies

KnP1luv
    New Contributor

I agree 100% For 12 years I never had a problem with overages. now I suddenly am over 50gb. I'd like to see proof. They said that on christmas eve was the day I went over . No one was home using the internet we were out of town. 

ChristopherC
      Former Moderator
      knp1luv you do not need to be at home to have a device access the Internet. You may want to check your devices for a virus or malware. Chris C
    viperthunder2
    New Contributor III

if you have the panoramic wifi modem you can check the Cox Wifi app and it will tell you exactly which devices are using the most bandwidth.

Brades
    New Contributor

I have asked for details of my so called overages, to understand what is supposedly consuming data in my household. They cannot provide any details. How can you claim I am over my usage if you can't provide details of that so called use. What a farse.  Cash grab by greedy company losing cable subscribers so you had to make up some fake way to get more cash out of non cable subscribers. Provide details, or stop making up fake numbers of our so called usage. 

ChristopherC
    Former Moderator
    Turner22517 we poll the data from your modem/gateway. We provide you with Internet service which you can connect multiple devices from. Here is a link that explains some of your questions. www.cox.com/.../data-usage.html Chris C