Forum Discussion

matthiax
New Contributor
7 years ago

How do you get customer service to help or care

I have had internet outages of up to 12 hours five days in a row. Never any warning, usually no idea how long they will take (estimates are always extended over and over). I have called over and over to ask for warnings so I can plan accordingly, to get some kind of customer service help for these outages (beyond the stupid reimbursing just those days they offer) and they just ignore me, shunt me off, and don't do anything. Help!

• Hi Matthiax, Cox works diligently to limit the amount of downtime experienced by our customers. Our normal maintenance window is between midnight and 6AM. Advance notice is not always practical; however, we try to let customers know when a major issue or a network update in their area will affect service for more than one day. Once an outage is declared, outage information and updates are available by signing into your Cox.com account or the Cox Connect App. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi there, I can certainly understand your desire to want to know certain specific information; however, many times we don't have those specifics and for the information we do have, most of it is considered privileged information that cannot be shared with our customers. We monitor all incoming content 24/7 and should you have any further issues or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us as we're here to assist. You may reach out to us here, on Facebook, Twitter, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Thanks, Carol

Please note Cox's attitude concerning the communication of anticipated down time.  Props to CarolLM for her honesty.  The quote was part of a response to a similar concern I had concerning Phone Tools but over the years I've been a Cox customer this seems to be their policy with regard to giving a paying customer any sort of heads-up when services are to go down.

Presuming that moderators and lower level service reps aren't in the know- the company apparently deems it preferable to send the customer and reps on a wild goose troubleshooting chase rather than be up front about maintenance- at very least by furnishing a resource that can be used as reference to determine that a service, that has been paid for, has been taken down for scheduled work.

This is the corporate attitude we're combating... sadly I doubt there's anything the moderators can do about it but suggesting any desire on the or intent part of Cox to be up front with what amounts to a captive customer base money garden when quite the opposite is true is a little insulting... though bluntness probably wouldn't go over very well, either.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

12 hours of no warning...no idea...no ETA...no attention?  At least Cox is consistent.  Perhaps Cox should offer Cox Helplife or Cox GigaCare.