Forum Discussion

Korde_Kutter
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Have you been lied to by Cox?

During the latter part of 2021 I noticed my internet usage chart had stopped working. After a few weeks it return and it had changed.  The usage had increased tremendously.  Cox had changed the way of metering.  I realized if I didn't change to unlimited internet my bill would become very high in the next billing period. I changed my speed to the gigablast speed and changed my allowed usage to unlimited.  They charged me $100 for a service call during which the service person did nothing.  My new bill was to be $187.50 for internet and phone.  I do not get TV from Cox.

After the service person left I noticed that my download speeds were in the 500 or half a gigabyte speed range.  It never changed.  This afternoon I officially changed my speed through the website.  My speed is exactly the same as before but my bill has gone down to $160.00 per month for exactly what I had before.  This is typical Cox.  They are not our friends in the digital age or in any age.  The day will come when Cox will not be a monopoly that cares nothing for its users.  When the FCC gives the ok for new carriers, Cox can go away..After more than 25 years, I will not miss them for one second.

3 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Korde Kutter,

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to better serve our customers. We appreciate your business and thank you for being loyal to us for over 25 years. In the future, if you need assistance. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Lied, yes.  Cox said I had subscribed to their Directory Listing Non-Published service; however, I wouldn't have subscribed to this service for 3 reasons.

First, I haven't seen phonebooks being delivered in my area for 7 years.  Do they still make 'em?  Second, my name and number are already "published" on the Internet.  Third, I have a very effective call blocker.  Dial my number, don't dial my number…either way, you're not ringing my phone.  Therefore, what motivation would have to pay $2.29 per month to not publish my number in a phonebook?  However, Cox adamantly insisted I subscribed to it.  I didn't.

No, Cox doesn't have our best interests.

forums.cox.com/.../119791

Tss..."Korde Kutter."  Wha'ja wear, korduroy shorts or sumtin'?

stsong
    New Contributor

Cox is literary the worst. It does not cost them a thing to bump data cap up or not have it at all but they are only interested in making money. You are not allowed to make any changes to your service, it will only cause the bill to go up. It is so sad that companies are allowed to be monopoly for decades, the only option for homeowners are to move so you can have options in internet service. The neighborhoods where AT&T installed fiber, tons of people have dropped Cox. Online gaming and game download or update gobble up bandwidth before you can realize it, one flight sim update is easily over 100 GB.

There is zero incentive to upgrade speed because you will only hit the cap sooner each month.