Forum Discussion

AgingHippie
New Contributor
6 years ago

Has anyone succeeded in using a router with "bridge mode" on the Cox modem, to get around the unreasonable 10 device limit? If I can't solve this, I'm going to have to cancel all my services and go to AT&T.

Has anyone succeeded in using a router with "bridge mode" on the Cox modem, to get around the unreasonable 10 device limit?  If I can't solve this, I'm going to have to cancel all my services and go to AT&T.

I've spent many hours and dollars trying to get around this issue, which Cox denied creating for several weeks, blaming my equipment.  They even came here, and the tech replaced my premium quality splitters with cheap ones, and kept mine.  And I swapped the 2472 for a 4141, still didn't work.

This is the ago of IoT.  NOBODY has less than 10 internet-capable devices in their home.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AgingHippie, what 10-device limit you are referring to? I assisted a customer yesterday who had 27 internet-connected devices in his home. All were showing online (connected) in the My WiFi section of his Cox.com account. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      AgingHippie
      New Contributor

Cox has started enforcing a 10 device limit on my account.  It's caused many problems.  I installed a router and put the 4141 in bridge mode, but that didn't work.  A Cox tech told me that if I upgraded to Gigablast, there would be no device limit, so I did that, but that did not work either.

Most of my devices are hard wired, not wifi.

Wireless: 3 laptops, 3 phones, EVSE, garage door opener, tablet
      Wired: server, printer, stereo, game console, 4 DVD players, 3 internet ready TV sets, slave router