Forum Discussion

mightyfee
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Give me a good reason for staying with Cox

We switched to Verizon a while  back because it is much cheaper for the same service AND I don't need to add a land line, which we never, ever use. Then I learned about the way Verizon treats their employees, and I went back to Cox because I know for a fact that you treat your people very well.

However, every time Mother Nature sneezes, your service goes out. When it's a bit too windy, your service goes out. When there are too many people online in my area, your service slows to a crawl. Right now it's downloading agonizingly slowly, and there's no apparent reason.

So. Convince me. I can get the same service WITHOUT having to pay for a useless landline and save about fifty bucks per month. Why on earth should I stay with Cox?

• @Mightyfee

The modem signal levels are not up to spec please unplug the power cord for 2 minutes and check all coax ends and make sure there hand tight. Once connected back we can check the levels

again. If you're looking to remove your landline service and

lower the bill you will need to call 1-888-438-6673 Monday - Friday, 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday - Sunday, 9 am - 6 pm.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Mightyfee

The modem signal levels are not up to spec please unplug the power cord for 2 minutes and check all coax ends and make sure there hand tight. Once connected back we can check the levels

again. If you're looking to remove your landline service and

lower the bill you will need to call 1-888-438-6673 Monday - Friday, 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday - Sunday, 9 am - 6 pm.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

mightyfee
      New Contributor

Unplugged for two minutes. All coax connections are finger tight.  Downloads are still slow as molasses and have been for the past two days. I get texts from the tech guys it's going to be fixed by a certain time and date, and it doesn't happen. Please fix this. I really don't want to back to Verizon, but your service is too spotty too bepractical.

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        It might be best to see about scheduling a technician to come troubleshoot further. Feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com if you would like assistance getting this setup.

-Chris
    bearone2
    Contributor III

verizon provides both tv + internet, i'll have to check that out.

• I called up Cox, yesterday to schedule my service cancelled on the 9th of March.  I went home after work and found out that my services were all cut off.  I had a feeling that agent I talked to would do something like this.  He seemed annoyed with all my questions.  Anyway, I have another house in Boulder Ranch that's set up the way my Elessar house is.  I also have Cox in my office, with IP Centrix.  My Boulder house Cox cable, Internet, Homelife contract will be up next month, and for sure I will be cancelling Cox by then.  Customer service has been so bad.  I will also switch to Centurylink or Verizon in my office.

Eduard Villareal
      KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @Eduard, it would be disheartening to see you leave our company, and we sincerely apologize for having made you upset or frustrated. For additional support, please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. We're here to help you in any way we can. -Kevin