Forum Discussion

Tom2001
Contributor
22 days ago

Frustrated with Contour Mobile - Audio issues

I had posted this in the TV forum but i'm not sure about that, so I'll post in the Internet forum as well. If this is against the rules, I'll delete one of them.

Since May 1, 2024 we have been in touch with Cox Complete Care (additional $10/month) and have logged 3 tickets and nothing has been done to address the following Audio problem on mobile (app and web) devoces.

Most of the time that the audio drops for 5 seconds and the way it drops is very consistent.

1. It occurs on various channel, CNN, Fox News, Fox Business, NewsMax.
  2. It occurs on IOS devices Iphones/iPads using the Contour App.
  3. It occurs on Macbook via the Web using watchtv.cox.com.
  4. Almost always will occur and begin with a drop of 5 seconds at end of one of the commercials and then almost exactly 25 seconds into the next shows segment after the commercials.

All other Apps (Youtube, Twitch, X etc.) have not had any audio problems.....only COX. Our WIFI is very strong and there is never any buffering.....just loss of audio as video remains on.

4 Replies

• Hi Tom 

I'm not aware of an audio issue like you described. I apologize for this happening. After I read your message I turned on https://watchtv.cox.net  in the background with one of the news channels so far I have not heard an issue with audio dropping around the commercials. When you are using this are you connected to your home network or another network?

Greg

Tom2001
      Contributor

Hi Greg,

I'm connected to my home network....100mbs and Google WIFI. Only audio issues are on the Contour APP and/or watchtv.cox.com.

StephanieS

Tom2001  Hi, I'd like to take a look at your account and see what's been done already.  Please send me an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address.  Thanks!