Forum Discussion

paddelia1
New Contributor
8 days ago

From 900mbps to 90 mbps @ 2 pm daily

Hello, I have fiber. Since August the speed fall to 90 mbps at 2pm. The technician installed a new terminal and a new gateway. I have replaced the gig network switch and redone the RJ 45 terminations to make sure the wiring was clean. I tried to disconnect extra devices and the issue keeps popping. If I reset both terminal and gateway late at night, it is back to 900mbps till 2pm then off I am on a conf call I lose sound for a few seconds get a warning about poor Internet connection. Speed is back down to 90 mbps for all devices. Resetting again the ONT and gateway does not restore the speed but if I reset the technical and the gateway after midnight, then it is good again till 2 pm. I am pulling my hair on the issue. I already had 3 visits from technicians and being an it professional I am not entirely novice either but this problem is above my networking skills. What could it be? I asked if Cox was throttling speed during peak hours, afternoon and evening. I was told no. Then I am out of ideas. I thought some device could have an IP conflict and I scanned my network for this and nothing conflicting pops up I checked the logs in my main computer not seeing any error or warning. I am really out of ideas as where to check for a problem. Cox confirmed multiple times that the signal to my home is very good. Any idea it suggestion as where to look at next? Many thanks.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

I would start with the router. You are probably using the pano modem/router, something like a Netgear RAXE300 would be a better choice, unless you are using wireless cable boxes, or cox telephone. 

• Hi paddelia1, this appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed. We can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com when available anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.