Forum Discussion

Synecho
New Contributor
4 years ago

Frequent disconnects/timeouts

Over the last week I've been experiencing frequent but sporadic disconnects/time outs. Gaming and video/audio calls are near impossible.

Pinging Google's servers (8.8.8.8) shows that there can be long periods with no disconnects (~1 hour) or they can occur every 5-10 minutes for hours at a time. They'll last anywhere from 5-30 seconds, but even up to 2 minutes.

Support has been near worthless. A reset and send me on my way (not before an upsell though!).  I guess they log my issue as 'resolved' since technically I do have internet connectivity when the reset is done.  Followed all the steps on this (https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/25345/packet-loss-and-latency) page, but no help.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

4 Replies

zamiel2112
    New Contributor

This is my problem exactly. I can quickly reconnect it via Network Connect disable/enable, but it's a pain in the rear.

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello,

This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        zamiel2112
        New Contributor

I am sending an ema to the above link momentarily. 

zamiel2112
    New Contributor

This is exactly my problem too. I am using the dual panoramic router.