Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

Forum feature request: Moderator button.

There have been a increase in posts that need to be escalated to a moderator and I have noticed the Cox email(cox.help@cox.com) gets backed up sometimes. Also, mentioning a moderator is hit or miss depending on if they are working and scheduled to watch the forums. I think it would be useful if there was a button to request a moderator similar to the "Flag as abuse/spam" feature. What are people's thoughts? Would it be abused?

• Yeah...it'd be begged to be pressed and abused, especially with angry rants.  I was looking for a Help Desk or Moderator username, but I am unsure if it's a subscriber or a organizational account.

The gist of the Guidelines is for customers, non-customers and general public to enjoy but if you need direct support, go to the Cox Support Page.

Besides, I've noticed moderators like to avoid the Forum during phases with volumes of complaints, such as the recent transition to the new webmail.  They do look but won't contribute.  Sometimes, however, if "billing" or "statement" is in a post, they'll swarm to lock it.

coxmoderator02...who are you?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Yeah...it'd be begged to be pressed and abused, especially with angry rants.  I was looking for a Help Desk or Moderator username, but I am unsure if it's a subscriber or a organizational account.

The gist of the Guidelines is for customers, non-customers and general public to enjoy but if you need direct support, go to the Cox Support Page.

Besides, I've noticed moderators like to avoid the Forum during phases with volumes of complaints, such as the recent transition to the new webmail.  They do look but won't contribute.  Sometimes, however, if "billing" or "statement" is in a post, they'll swarm to lock it.

coxmoderator02...who are you?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Would it be abused anymore then the abuse/spam function though? Maybe hide it in the UI somewhere so it isn't obvious? The whole point is to get moderator attention when no one seems to be moderating. We need a moderator bat signal!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      ...who are you?

I sent them a friend request. Maybe someone who was a moderator during the site's beta? Joined 12 years ago and no activity.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

...except one mention from a totally awesome dude!

It looks like this account was added during the final stages of Forum development.  If I sorted correctly, this first post was 9 Feb 2012 and this account joined during Jan 2012.

I couldn't view its account while composing but afterwards, it looks like an org account.  We'll see if anyone replies.  It's a member of the Moderator group.