Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
2 years ago

Forum email notifications.

I'm still curious if anyone is actually getting email notifications from this forum or is this still broken?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

This isn't a new issue.  Forum settings have been broken for about five years.  I posted about it over four years ago when I found out settings had been broken for at least a year then.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

How come nobody knows how to fix it 🤔

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

When the Forum first came online, somebody was maintaining it.  Perhaps it was a vendor and not Cox.

Since the Forum first came online, glitches got fixed during this vendor's tenure and the vendor actually made changes.  For example, the Home page used to have a list of Top-10 Contributors (users).  The Votes feature used to be called Kudos.  Little things like this.

At one time during the vendor's tenure, I noticed an "Ideas" feature had been added in my profile.  I didn't know what it was, so I asked.  However, as you'll read in the following post, these updates never came to fruition and stuff stopped getting fixed, such as the Save button.

Most Cox employees probably don't even know where the server for the Forum is located.  I'm surprised it still works.

forums.cox.com/.../forums-update

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Forum email notifications aren't processed as spam and they all come from the same email address.  If you're getting them and you want to prevent it, you can block them with a filter rule.  At least you could with Legacy Webmail.  See this post.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

How long have you been getting these emails?  Some suspect the Save button on the Options page of the Forum is broken (javascript void), so the OP's preference cannot be saved.

However, if you saved your preference for notifications before the button broke, this may help confirm there is nothing we can do about notifications.

CuriousJ
        Contributor

For a couple of years I would guess. Sent to my Cox email. Want me check any settings?