Forum Discussion

mekuehn
New Contributor II
30 days ago
Solved

Lack of Notifications

With the recent storms in NWA, many of us are still without service. It would help if you would send out periodic text or update your website so that we know what progress you are making to restore service. 

• Hi mekuehn,

We understand the service is important to you and,  regret your experience with these outages. As updates become available, we'll list them on our website and Cox App.  For more information about outages, check out www.cox.com/residential/support/outages.html.   You can also sign up for text alerts to allow you to stay up to date with outages.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

mekuehn
    28 days ago

My wife and I will review alternative internet options today and select one. We will also call in to have our final bill adjust. Then we will take our equipment over to the Cox store. Still have not heard anything by text or email. When you call in for help you are block by a recording.

11 Replies

caresia
    New Contributor

Leave it to Cox to be absolutely horrid at communication and customer service. Even our city mayor has reached out for updates for the city and can’t get anyone at Cox to provide any details. Maybe this will help spur him to get more companies in our area ASAP so all of us who want to dump Cox can do it..at this point, I’d pay MORE to get rid of Cox than continue to keep their terrible services. 

Cordey_user
    New Contributor

Cox, you are missing the point. Frequent and honest communication is critical. We are your lifeline, treat us as such. Update us as to your best guess at the time on a frequent basis. Are we talking hours, days or weeks at this moment. As a situation changes your next update will inform us of the current situation. 

HeatherS

We are never provided with outage specifics such as where and what damage occurred and we provide the updates our field teams give us. I'm sorry we are not able to provide more specific information. For account-specific support, please send us a PM/DM on Social media or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Thank you. 

stavmone
        New Contributor

I am not trying to be disrespectful but if you aren’t given information then how are we to ever get information. Sounds like the service isn’t the only thing broken. Internet service in the area is a lifeline for communication and employment, to get in contact with people to help with needed repairs and quite frankly to stay employed to pay for such repairs. One standard message is not helping. If you are afraid that passing the on information will allow your customers to see they need to go elsewhere for vital services then you need to be afraid be honest and let chips fall where they may. You’ve got a stranglehold on most of us anyway. What have you really got to lose?

• Hi mekuehn,

We understand the service is important to you and,  regret your experience with these outages. As updates become available, we'll list them on our website and Cox App.  For more information about outages, check out www.cox.com/residential/support/outages.html.   You can also sign up for text alerts to allow you to stay up to date with outages.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

mekuehn
      New Contributor II

Yes I have done both these step. Now provide some information as to what the issue is like our substations are without power and we are working to get generators online to resolve the problem. We know there was a storm. What as a service provider are you doing to correct the issue. Silence is not good during this time from a customer perspective. 

mekuehn
      New Contributor II

My wife and I will review alternative internet options today and select one. We will also call in to have our final bill adjust. Then we will take our equipment over to the Cox store. Still have not heard anything by text or email. When you call in for help you are block by a recording.

stavmone
        New Contributor

It’s not particularly encouraging that this is marked as solved and that the solution discussed is dropping Cox and going to a different provider.  But at this point it is a viable alternative and the only one with active communication.  The half answer I was finally told for the delay was blaming the lack of clear status and for delay of the repairs on the drawn out restoration of electricity. And that even if an area has power it must be cleared by those repair crews before Cox can work on cut fiber lines. Which I suppose makes a small amount of sense but is also just finger pointing. So therefore the solution marked here is a valid one to me. 

Hlmacleod
    New Contributor

Perhaps if they had to credit all of us for services not rendered they would be a bit more expedient in restoring services.

Allan

Hello. If you would like to have your account reviewed for applicable credits, I recommend sending an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern to cox.help@cox.com 

tjarv005
    New Contributor II

Everyone here has signed up for text alerts…. There have been zero regarding the outage. 

there is nothing on the cox web site that indicates anything being done.