Forum Discussion

tinaangie2019
New Contributor
6 months ago

For the love of God!!!

Issues with the network began last week. Cox has claimed they have technicians working to resolve them, but why then did the network go completely down almost 2 days ago and has been out since?!? No one that I've spoken to in Customer Service has any information. There's no eta and the outage map is garbage!! I work from home!!! If you can't get your $%@! together then, stop holding my neighborhood hostage with your monopoly so that we can take our business elsewhere!! Forcing consumers to be your customers is one thing, but to do it and then literally not provide the service you've blocked any other company from offering is complete bull#$@!!!! You are costing people their livelihoods with zero regard!! It's despicable! I have filed a report with the FCC and will do so every single day until either my service is restored or other service providers become available in my neighborhood. 

3 Replies

• Hello tinaangie2019, 

Thank you for being a valued Cox family member. I work from home, so I know how important it is to have reliable internet service.  I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing any outages in your area. Please feel free to reach out to us through Twitter, CoxHelp, or Facebook. You may also call us on our toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993 or email us at cox.help@cox.com We also have our Live Online Chat Team: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  

Please include a link to this thread. 

Mike 

Cox Support Forums Moderator

tinaangie2019
      New Contributor

I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for lip service. There is no reasonable excuse for leaving customers completely in the dark when there's an outage in their area. Especially when they're at the complete mercy of a monopoly that Cox has created. I don't know if you've noticed, but times are tough & people are struggling financially. Cox is literally preventing people from being able to do their jobs & at the same time also preventing them from being able to go anywhere else so they can do their job. Is this the way a company would truly treat a "valued" customer?!?! $145 a month for just internet and Cox can't even be bothered with providing an eta. I've seen no Cox trucks in my area since last week. As far as I'm concerned, Cox knows that the customers in my area are stuck with them so, we are not their priority. As long as they get to dominate the market and make an extra buck, who cares if they're destroying the livelihoods of others in the process.

MichaelJ

tinaangie2019, 

The Cox Support Forums are for customers to assist each other with issues that they know of and can assist each other, Please feel free to reach out to us through Twitter, CoxHelp, or Facebook. You may also call us on our toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993 or email us at cox.help@cox.com We also have our Live Online Chat Team: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  

Please include a link to this thread. 

Mike 

Cox Support Forums Moderator