Forum Discussion

mjone011
New Contributor
5 years ago

Extremely poor connection performance with latency, jitter, connection drops in South Scottsdale area.

Going on for almost 2 months now. I have pretty much had to abandon my home internet service for my wireless networks hotspot. Cox consistently every day reports outages and disables modem resets in my area. They will have a time frame of when service should return to normal, only to have it down again the next day. Even when the outage is lifted, the internet service is still unstable and poor. I've tried contacting their customer service reps to setup a tech to come test the lines in our neighborhood, but trying to get someone that's actually in tech support on the phone or through chat/text is nearly impossible. They will consistently d/c the call or transfer you to the wrong department. If you text they just stop responding and push you back to bot. 

Anyone else in Scottsdale having these issues? Has cox offered up any solutions? This is an ongoing issue for every home on my block. Should we all switch to a new provider at this point?

7 Replies

QQless
    New Contributor II

Same issue with me here in Gilbert i’ve contacted Customer Service over four times nothing has been done no refund no fix but they are happy to continue to take my payment over price payment at that.

EricaW
    Former Moderator
    Hi mjone011,

We don't want to see you suffer that way. Please send the full address and inquiry by email to my team at cox.help@cox.com email address. This will allow us to assess matters for you.

Erica
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    badams27
    New Contributor

Same thing is happening in west valley as well. Keeps dropping throughout the day and making my work extremely hard. 

EricaW
      Former Moderator
      Badams27,

We look forward to assisting you as well. Please email cox.help@cox.com with your home address and account name to get started.

Erica
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    archath
    New Contributor

Yes, me too, also in South Scottsdale.  You can try emailing swr.executiveescalations@cox.com to escalate your complaint, that's what I did.

mjone011
      New Contributor

Thank you. I will try that. I tried their text service again. Got a rep that said he was going to run through troubleshooting then didn't respond for 10 mins. I text back ok, Hello? and no surprise, got looped back to the bot asking if I want tech or billing.