- This is what my ping looks like throughout the day with Cox "Gigablast". As you can see this is anything but gigablast. My ping will constantly spike like this throughout the day. Sometimes it goes away after 2 am but I'm not trying to play games after 2am. There has to be some kind of explanation to this. Honestly if Icould switch ISP's I would. It's horrendous. I don't even want to play my games or watch a stream because of how unstable the internet is. I will be trying to get a tech to my house soon but over the last couple of months it has been getting worse and worse. https://imgur.com/a/U1hMrOn
- My NAT type has been strict for a couple of months now and it affects my connection on COD MW (only game I play online). I tried port forwarding the recommended ports but that didn't help. I also tried inputting a static IP but my internet stops working when I do this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using the Gateway panoramic modem from COX.
- For about a week now, I've been experiencing connection issues where others experience lag from data coming from me, such as in VOIP applications and games. I reset my modem and router and have been checking my speeds on various internet speed tests and have the same results: Download speed is pretty normal,usually around 800Mbps (my plan is up to 940) Upload speed is awful, 0.1-0.2 Mbps, while I'm supposed to be able to get up to 35 Mbps as per my plan. I could really use any help with getting this issue rectified. As far as my hardware I'm using an ASUS AC3200 Router and an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Modem. The connection issue is the same on all connected devices.
- So, I have been having what seems to be packet loss in COD MW 2019. The connection symbol which consists of 3 orange or yellow boxes constantly pop-up when playing and I lag badly when this happens and it happens every game a good portion of the matches. I have tried port forwarding all of the ports for PC for the game since I play it on PC but, that doesn't help any. I have also tried a VPN but, which in some cases seems to help at some points but, maybe that is just a coincidence. It is extremely annoying and hard to play especially when I am trying to play semi-competitively. Does anyone have any possible solutions / suggestions
- Hello people of the Forum, Not sure if anyone knows of a solution to this problem. Basically i am getting terrible Latency problems every time i try to play any game online with friends. I am constantly lagging and it makes it kind of hard to enjoy it. I am getting speeds from 300mbs to 500mbs(sometimes Lower). I have tried 3 different routers. ( Netgear Nighthawk ac1900, TP-Link ax3000, and google nest.) They all seem to have the same problem. My modem for reference is an Arris Surfboard sb8200. Idk if i should just go back and rent there modem and keep trying to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Extremely poor connection performance with latency, jitter, connection drops in South Scottsdale area.Going on for almost 2 months now. I have pretty much had to abandon my home internet service for my wireless networks hotspot. Cox consistently every day reports outages and disables modem resets in my area. They will have a time frame of when service should return to normal, only to have it down again the next day. Even when the outage is lifted, the internet service is still unstable and poor. I've tried contacting their customer service reps to setup a tech to come test the lines in our neighborhood, but trying to get someone that's actually in tech support on the phone or through chat/text is nearly impossible. They will consistently d/c the call or transfer you to the wrong department. If you text they just stop responding and push you back to bot. Anyone else in Scottsdale having these issues? Has cox offered up any solutions? This is an ongoing issue for every home on my block. Should we all switch to a new provider at this point?
- I have a post from 5 months ago, and the problem is still going on. My upload speeds around 11pm go to 0 - 0.7. Yep, you seen that right, BELOW 1. I pay for 500 mbps down and 10 up. I have a strait line from the pole to my panoramic modem you provide me. I have had a tech to come and replace the drop but was too lazy to do it so he cut the wire at my carport and just ran a new wire from there to my modem. I fail to understand why nobody has found the issues thus far. Even with gigablast, I still had nothing but problems with my upstream. Here are my signals.... Downstream Index 2 1 3 4 9 10 11 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 25 26 27 28 29 30 33 34 35 36 37 38 41 42 43 44 45 46 159 Lock Status Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Frequency 687 MHz 681 MHz 693 MHz 699 MHz 729 MHz 735 MHz 741 MHz 747 MHz 777 MHz 783 MHz 789 MHz 795 MHz 801 MHz 807 MHz 825 MHz 831 MHz 837 MHz 843 MHz 849 MHz 855 MHz 357 MHz 363 MHz 369 MHz 375 MHz 381 MHz 387 MHz 405 MHz 411 MHz 417 MHz 423 MHz 429 MHz 435 MHz 300 MHz 203600000 SNR 41.2 dB 41.3 dB 41.4 dB 41.3 dB 41.2 dB 41.3 dB 41.2 dB 41.2 dB 41.2 dB 41.2 dB 41.0 dB 41.0 dB 40.9 dB 40.6 dB 39.9 dB 39.6 dB 39.3 dB 39.0 dB 38.7 dB 38.5 dB 41.0 dB 41.6 dB 41.3 dB 41.4 dB 41.6 dB 41.6 dB 41.5 dB 41.5 dB 41.5 dB 41.5 dB 41.4 dB 41.5 dB 43.8 dB NA Power Level 2.5 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.4 dBmV 2.4 dBmV 2.6 dBmV 2.8 dBmV 2.9 dBmV 2.7 dBmV 2.6 dBmV 2.4 dBmV 2.5 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 1.8 dBmV 0.5 dBmV 0.0 dBmV 0.5 dBmV 0.8 dBmV -1.4 dBmV -1.6 dBmV 2.3 dBmV 2.3 dBmV 2.1 dBmV 2.0 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.1 dBmV 2.2 dBmV 2.1 dBmV 2.0 dBmV 5.8 dBmV NA Modulation 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM OFDM OFDM Upstream Index 1 2 3 4 Lock Status Locked Locked Locked Locked Frequency 36 MHz 30 MHz 23 MHz 17 MHz Symbol Rate 5120 5120 5120 5120 Power Level 34.8 dBmV 34.8 dBmV 35.3 dBmV 35.3 dBmV Modulation QAM QAM QAM QAM Channel Type ATDMA ATDMA ATDMA ATDMA
- I am at a loss of ideas with my internet connection quality. I have been getting random ping spikes and packet loss in all online games and discord. This has been going ever since I moved into this house in September 2019, which is less than a mile away from my old house. First I had problems with the internet making my modem/router (Netgear c6300) turn off and on. This did not happen at my old house. I called cox about 5 times to have them say it was the modem/router so I went out and purchased a Netgear cm1200 and Netgear r7000. Same thing happened for about two weeks. I called cox and they said that I have to get "their modem" or they can't do anything to help. So I got the Cox Panoramic modem/router. Same exact problem was happening. Called Cox about 5 times and they sent out a tech that replaced the moca filter and all the ends on the coax cables in the box on the side of the house and in the room where the modem was located. Problems still persisted and I called cox another 5 times at least and they sent out another tech. This one said he could do nothing because there was something he couldn't fix and needed to schedule maintenance. That took about 3-4 days and they had fixed the majority of the random restart and disconnects. So after that I had switched back to the modem/router so I didn't have to pay a monthly fee for the Panoramic. I switched back to the cm1200 and r7000 and still noticed random ping spikes. I was so frustrated and felt like I tried everything but it still wasn’t fixed. Some things I have tried at this point: new coax straight to box outside from modem, moving the modem to a different room in the house, attenuators, not using router, three different computers, and new ethernet cords (cat7). So after all that I thought maybe it was the modem again even though the cm1200 is a top of the line modem I bought another new modem and router (SB8200 and XR500). The issue still persists and I had called Cox another 2 times to tell them what was going on and they sent out another tech... He came and replaced the coax from the modem to the box outside. He basically gave me the rundown and said the internet was not meant for gaming and I understand this but it’s so frustrating when you're playing a competitive game like CS:GO and you start teleporting and getting ping spikes to 100-200 to a US West server at random times. I don’t see my friends or other players having this issue. I’m lost on what to do at this point. I've spent a lot of money and time trying to diagnose this problem. Here is my modem status page if it helps any: https://imgur.com/a/rxmF6lS
- If you don't want to read this paragraph at the bottom about me complaining about Cox, then just read this: " The Cox Panoramic wifi modem/router that you rent for 11$ a month does not work the way it is advertised, and you are much better off going with a separate modem and router that is meant for providing high speed internet service". This type of internet works for laptops, Netflix, and basic streaming services. But when it comes to playing online video games, forget it. Even if you use the ethernet, you only will get between 200-300Mbps download, and 2.9Mbps upload speed. These speeds still lag when you play online video games". I decided to upgrade my service to cox Gigablast as of 20March2020. With the world under quarantine, especially the entire state of California, I said okay I definitely cannot deal with the Lag on PS4 that I have been dealing anymore. So I went to the local cox store after setting up my new service online and picked up my device. The customer service representative said it wasn't necessary that I rent the device, as I could buy a separate modem and router from Best Buy or where-ever, but it would cost about $400 with a separate modem and router. I decided to try out the cox panoramic modem+router combo that they offer for 11$ a month. I go home, plug it in and it was a super easy set up using the app for it. I connect it to my PS4 and test the connection. This piece of garbage (which is supposed to put out up to 900+ mbps basically almost 1 Gbps) only put out 24.9 Mbps download and 2.4 Mbps upload. This is down right criminal at these speeds. But before I called my lawyer, I decided to call tech support, so that someone could come out and see if the signal needs to be adjusted at my apartments. They are supposed to come out tomorrow (March 23, 2020) and hopefully fix it. Just the fact that I have to go the extra mile, and MAYBE get the issue fixed is absolutely ridiculous.My apartments are literally ONLY able to get Cox service. Isn't this considered a MONOPOLYat this point, since there is no other competition available? I have always had so many issues with cox, and its sad that they can't provide the working class of the America a fast internet service, especially whatwe are paying them for. I will hopefully remember to make another post tomorrow afterPAYING a tech support member a FEE in order to get my SERVICE that I justPAID for to WORK like it is ALREADY SUPPOSED TO. If it doesn't, well maybe I need to start putting this money that I am paying for this BS service towards law school, so that I can sue them into bankruptcy. Either that or call my friend at the local new station and put this company in the spotlight. Oh and if you don't believe me, then why would they sell cox Panoramic Pods separately? I have my PS4 sitting right next to the wifi box and it doesn't do any better than 24.9mbps. if you plug it in via ethernet, the best that I got was just below 300mbps. This is a speed that still lags during a online video game like Call of Duty. If you don't want to read this paragraph above about me complaining about Cox, then just read this: " The Cox Panoramic wifi modem/router that you rent for 11$ a month does not work the way it is advertised, and you are much better off going with a separate modem and router that is meant for providing high speed internet service". This type of internet works for laptops, Netflix, and basic streaming services. But when it comes to playing online video games, forget it. Even if you use the ethernet, you only will get between 200-300Mbps download, and 2.9Mbps upload speed. These speeds still lag when you play online video games".
- Hello, As the title says, I have been suffering from severe lag and latency spikes almost constantly when playing online games with Blizzard servers. The time of day doesn't seem to affect it and doing generic router restarts doesn't make a difference. This has been going on for several weeks now and it is becoming unbearable. Any advice on how to fix would be appreciated.