Forum Discussion

tkassman
New Contributor
12 days ago
Solved

Email migration if Yahoo account already exists?

I previously had a Yahoo account using my cox.net email for the account name.  What happens now?  Yahoo doesn't ask me to change my password when I log in and I don't see any cox.net emails...

Where can I find step by step instructions?

Thank you.

BrianM
    12 days ago

If you have a pre-existing yahoo email (not Cox.net,  but rather a Yahoo.com account) then it would be logging in with just a username that does not contain Cox.net at the end of it. It would still be completely separate and not contain any emails that are associated with your cox.net email account. If you can currently go to cox.com and can still log into and view your Cox emails there, that means your email address has not transitioned over to yahoo yet.

4 Replies

• These will still be treated as separate accounts as your Cox one will still have Cox.net at the end and yahoo.com for the other, but you would just login using the whole username@cox.net to access your Cox account at yahoo.com once your Cox account has transitioned over to Yahoo. If you have not received a final email to your Cox account that it has been transitioned, then you will not be able to login at yahoo.com yet.

BrianM

If you have a pre-existing yahoo email (not Cox.net,  but rather a Yahoo.com account) then it would be logging in with just a username that does not contain Cox.net at the end of it. It would still be completely separate and not contain any emails that are associated with your cox.net email account. If you can currently go to cox.com and can still log into and view your Cox emails there, that means your email address has not transitioned over to yahoo yet.