Forum Discussion

Trustym2
New Contributor
4 years ago

Data Usage taken away

Hi,

Just noticed today that a policy change was made to take data usage away from non primary users.  Just wanted to provide feedback that this doesn't make sense to take away something that if you go over will cost you money.  And when asked if only the primary or all users get emailed when you get close, was told all users do.  This also doesn't make sense with the policy change.  Why email all if no one else is able to view it to prevent it from getting to that point.

We have gone over before and so I monitor our data usage almost daily (we have to work at home, plus the normal games/media).  I should not need to have my Wife's password to login to view something that is just informational.  In my opinion this should not have been changed.  And would like to know the reasoning behind it if there is one.

Just wanted to give you my feedback.

Thanks

4 Replies

• @Trustmy2, The primary login can be used to grant access to most billing/account related information that is found on the cox.com website. To do this, login to the primary login and then grant access to the secondary login you wish to use. This can be found under the "Manage Users" section of the website. Once completed, the login that has been granted access will be able to view data usage. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Trustym2
      New Contributor

Hi, thankfully it appears this issue has been resolved, but this is also good information to know.  Thank you!  I wish when I had chatted with customer service, that they had suggested this.  Sadly they did not, so not sure if it would have made a difference at the time.

bearone2
    Contributor III

what are you doing, allowing someone not at your residence to login to your account??

Trustym2
      New Contributor

No one is allowing someone not at our residence to login.  My wife and I live together.

That said, it appears that they have restored access to other users to view again.