Forum Discussion

capthorp23
New Contributor
6 months ago

Cox WiFi app login infinite loop

Started new service yesterday with fiber.  I can hook the ethernet from the fiber Nokia modem to a laptop and the internet works.  However, when it's connected to the cox gateway (TG4482) it just blinks orange and cannot get the connection/wifi to work.  I tried to download the cox wifi app as well, and it just continuously give the sign in screen even after entering credentials.  Not sure what to do at this point.  

5 Replies

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the difficulty with the app and your router. I want to help. On that model gateway, the ethernet must be connected to port 4 on the back of the gateway. If that is the case and you are still unable to connect, please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running. 

capthorp23
      New Contributor

Yes it's plugged into 4 (orange marking).  I've tried to factory reset, unplug, etc.  Also, are there known issues with the app at this time? 

ChrisJ2

No know issues currently with the app. Email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and these posts. We're happy to help.