Forum Discussion

Dennie4u
New Contributor II
3 months ago

Cox Internet Outage ... Again!!!

FYI ... Outage again?!?  I'm taking screen shots of the notifications this time.  Going to share them with the FCC if this goes days and days again.  I pay my bills on time ... You need to honor your side of our contract and either provide the paid services or reimburse me for the non-availability.  

Dennie4u
    New Contributor II

Wow!  A miracle!  Outage notice said the outage would be fixed by 7:17 pm ... And poof ... As soon as I got fed up and posted a comment ... The Internet is back.  I am going to be checking if this is a real fix or intermittent.  I have lost trust.

• Hello Dennie4u,
    We value your business and want you to remain connected at all times. Thank you for utilizing the Cox App for network alerts and updates. I appreciate how important it is to have a stable connection, especially when you are paying for the service. Should you experience an issue and there isn't an alert, we can certainly investigate. We can help review your account for outage credit. When you have a moment for support, could you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your first and last name, complete address, and the URL to this forum comment?

Dennie4u
      New Contributor II

Hi DustinP,

Thank you for your response.  I do have a few questions about your response.  I had to register to be able to comment in this form so you have the information for my account.  And you are on the thread so you have the URL.  I'm a little weary with dealing with Cox's support after the previous 10 day outage.  The chat support tech told me then that Cox does not give outage credit so I'm surprised that you mentioned it.  I pay approximately $2.33 per day for Internet service.  For that 10 days of non-service would be just $23.33.  This is not a substantial cost but is really just a good faith gesture.  It is my option that Cox is not interested in good faith so I now have no trust and will not do anymore bending over for no sign that Cox will do an active part in the conversation.  

DustinP, Please don't take my response personally because I believe you have been given a script to follow to, it appears, distract the paying customer until they give up.  The company's culture was decided at management level.  And if I have to give my screenshots to the FTC, my dialogue will be about the corporation's customer service management decisions and Cox's customer treatment policies.  You personally are doing a great job following your job training.

HeatherS

The purpose of Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox residential [Internet] [Cox TV] [Etc] services with other customers. For questions, comments, and concerns regarding outages, billing, or other account-specific issues, we request that you reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.