Forum Discussion

nel
New Contributor
4 years ago

cox email

Cox email has been broken for years, I have spent many hours with a client and mine where the email client is working i.e. Outlook.com, Outlook fat client, or Iphone and then all of the sudden it keeps asking for username and password over and over again, and states that it is incorrect.

After resetting it it will work for a few weeks to a month, and then breaks again.

Also if I just leave it alone for a few hours then it will connect no problems, however this is a Cox issue extending for years now.

Cox techs have said they will call me back with a solution and never have.

I have never had so many issues with emal as with the cox accounts, they are not a once a year issue, this is a week to week or month to month issue many times.

3 Replies

Bossy_broad
    New Contributor

I have had the same problem with the email account I do have!  Interesting that others are experiencing it because I was told it was an isolated problem.  Cox are you hearing this....you have a problem

GregP1
      In recent years, fewer customers have taken advantage of a Cox Email account, so we decided to modify our email service to better serve our customers. As of August 15, 2019, Cox no longer offers the ability for new and existing Cox Internet customers to create new Cox Email accounts. If you have an existing email with us we will continue to support it as long as it is accessed at lead once every 180 days. The result of this policy is to provide greater focus on delivering exceptional internet services. There are many free email services offered by other companies available such as gmail , icloud, outlook etc...

Greg P
      Cox Social Media Support
      nel
      New Contributor

It is an isolated problem, isolated to Cox email service.