Forum Discussion

user1844
New Contributor
4 days ago

Cox email migration to Yahoo, Worst customer sellout ever!

I have four seperate email addresses with Cox, just moved my least used address over to Yahoo today. Not only does Yahoo flood the new address with thosands of unwanted ads, I have unwanted emails that cannot be removed or deleted. In addition they (Yahoo) decided back in Janurary of 2024 to stop allowing email "forwarding" on their platform. They say it's for security reasons and that they are looking out for their customers - bull crap, they moved it to their paid platform to make money off of a free service! With Cox I use this feature everyday on all fourt of my email addresses for every email.

This is an absolute down grade from Cox Web service. My understanding that this point is that nothing can be done but migrate over to this horrible email system or be disconnect to Cox mail in the furture for not migrating over. Thanks Cox! I do not want to be bombarded by hundreds of unwanted, un-needed emails and ads that do not pertain to me. Even if they did, I didn't ask for them and I wouldn't buy anything from them by shoving their products down my throat. Just think I have to deal with this three more times. Probably going to be forced to find another service provider. The cleanup maintence factor on Yahoo is going to be way too much for me to stay on top of.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies

JohnRob2
    New Contributor

I have a concern that our Cox.net email addresses are actually being forwarded to Yahoo and if I move and have to close my cox account the forwarding (if indeed that is happening) will no  longer occur.
    And/OR  Yahoo will decide they no longer want to support the Cox.net eMail address and we are told to change to Yahoo.com email address, which of course will force us to change both are names and email addresses because all my current names are already taken.  So I'll be  JohnRob536@yahoo.com or something similar.

BTW I've been with Cox since before they started providing eMail service.

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and do not want to see you go. We would be happy to assist in any way we can. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!