Forum Discussion

Jorbarii
New Contributor II
2 days ago

Cox did me so wong

I’m not even sure where to start, I started with Cox June 8th 2024 with the 1 Gig plan which is $80 a month. 

I’m a huge gamer, and I make a living off of the internet. My internet goes out at least 3 or 4 times a day with a download speed of 16-30mbps… I pay for 1 gig or up too. I reached out to cox and told them the issue, had a tech come out and he told me the equipment on the power pole was out of date which is why I am not getting the proper speeds. He said maintenance will be out to service the issue. About a week goes by and no maintenance has been out to check out the issue. Internet is still has terrible speeds etc. I finally get another tech sent out, he told me face to face that there is corrosion on the Cox equipment on the telephone pole which is the cause my my issues.>>>> (Now while all this is happening I was told by an agent that my bill would be waived and credited. I got emails from cox saying my bill is over due, please pay $148 to avoid suspension<<<<<<.) I reached back out to a live agent, just to confirm he said that I have a $0 pending balance and to ignore any email or bills because they all say $0 balance due<<<<<<<) I also have screen shots of everything as well…Finally maintenance came out, not sure what he did, said his equipment is showing my router was healthy, which is weird because all my top dollar equipment says otherwise, YouTube is buffering constantly, can barely watch Netflix yet alone stream video games or work. Every technician that came out said something different. If I was not told what that live agent said to me saying to ignore any bill and my balance is $0 I probably would have paid it. Instead I am $348 in the hole with my services suspended because on non payment. Paying for 1 gig and but instead I get 30-60mbps. So now I am suffering consequences of a live agents ignorance. 

I will post screenshots of conversations 

I have never in my life…

• Hi jorbarii. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator