Forum Discussion

Cheyenne_Kiel
New Contributor
5 years ago

COX Customer Service Supervisors: A failure at multiple levels

Team,                                                                                                   26 AUG 2020

I wanted to take a moment and express my significant disappointment in both COX's WIFI service and their customer service response (at the supervisor level).

Background:  On 13 AUG 2020, I ordered the new Panoramic 2.0 WIFI pods because my connectivity (lag, dead zones, etc.) was so significant across my home.  I was concerned about potential COX mis-marketing associated with the newly released pods (website said quantity was 3) so I called the online sales support team to confirm.  After several conversations, I was explicitly told that the $129.99 consisted of 3 pods that would be shipped immediately.  I also have screenshots of the pods being listed as a quantity of 3. Sadly, that shipment of pods never processed through to shipment.  Order # 1649372 is still listed as processing. 

When I called back on Friday, 21 AUG to inquire about the status, the customer service rep processed a new shipment for the pods and I received the box the next day.  To my alarm, there was only 1 pod inside the box.  I called back and explained that I understood that I was purchasing three.  To further rectify the situation, the online sales rep forwarded me to the supervisor voicemail where I left a message expresses my concern and asking for assistance on the matter.  I was promised that I would receive a phone call within 24-48 hours.  That phone call was never made by an online sales supervisor.

On Monday, 24 AUG, I called COX back to once again engage on the issue.  I talked to a very helpful retention rep who then began a conversation with her supervisor.  The supervisor then promised to call me back within 5 minutes to help rectify the situation.  That phone call was never made.

Is this lack of customer centricity what I should come to expect from COX?  Two supervisors from different departments making false promises to customers?  COX’s customer service (assistance) is so compartmentalized and apparently the managers within the company lack follow through.

I will continue to seek out a solution to this issue despite COX’s lack of engagement.  I’ll be reaching out on multiple social media platforms and calling the Better Business Bureau to articulate my concerns about COX and their management team.

We, the customer, deserve better treatment than this!

R/

Cheyenne Kiel

Cheyenne_Kiel
      New Contributor

I've called at least 7 times on this issue without resolution.  How many times should the paying customer have to keep calling back before he just cancels service and goes with someone else?

Allan
        @Cheyenne Kiel, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.