Forum Discussion

doblevlemus
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Corona virus lower speed ?

with the corona virus has cox decreased the speed because of how many people are at home using internet ? or is it just me League of legends is unplayable at the moment getting 150 ms or higher 

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Rengleif
    New Contributor II

It's all the people using the internet on the incapable aged infrastructure that Cox employs. 

patt
    New Contributor

Our internet keeps going in and out for the last hour

Rengleif
      New Contributor II

Yeah, mine went out 4 times today. Can't play games at all, and streaming is spotty. 

Karen_R
        Former Moderator
        Hello Rengleif,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media. I truly apologize that the services are not working properly and that we have not fully resolved the issue. We can take a look at your account. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, and address to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks

Karen
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Karen_R
      Former Moderator
      Hello Patt,

Thank you for contacting Cox Forum Support. When you lose connection are you connecting wired or wireless? What lights are showing on the modem?

Karen
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Aml
    New Contributor

I am also getting 150 ms+ trying to play League as well!! I can't play Fortnite either, I am experiencing heavy packet loss.  I have Gigablast internet too using a wired connection on cox' panoramic modem.  Average download speed before recently was 900+ mbps, now it drops down to 42 mbps.

gene348
    New Contributor

I am getting a 2 mbps download and a 2 upload speed. Cox is sucking lately. 

gene348
    New Contributor

I am getting a 2 mbps download and a 2 upload speed. Cox is sucking lately. 

• Hi Gene348. If you are getting those speeds, we will be glad to help. Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com and include this link along with your complete address and name on the account and we will be glad to address your slow speeds. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Aloha
      New Contributor II

Its not "his slow speeds" we are ALL having slow speeds right now & its not anything WE are doing or our equipment that is the problem.  We dont need your technical support to tell us to check our speeds or wiring, thats not the problem.  We understand that theres a huge rise in people being home & online, which is slowing all of our speeds, but why are we still paying the same price for an internet that is almost unusable?  Yes we got a small credit but Im still paying $120 (usually $177) for an unusable internet even after that credit.  Thats not okay.

p_pham
        New Contributor III

same here, i paid for the preferred 150 Mbps plan and I'm getting 10-20 Mbps per speedtest.  All games are rubber banding like crazy.  Yet they're still charging me for full price and not providing the services.

Gianni04
    New Contributor

Yea I am having the same issue. I cant play league with 150ms and Apex Legends is unplayable because I rubber-band so bad. Any solutions? I just ran a speed test and got 44 down...

DannyS
      Hello, if you are still having concerns regarding your service? Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    KleeWai
    New Contributor III

I understand that its like covid-19 and stuff, but when I am paying near $100 and cant play games I think you should either fix it or compensate??