Forum Discussion

spectator
New Contributor
4 years ago

constant disconnects

https://imgur.com/a/OqFdkN8

https://imgur.com/a/0nNCCoy

I have pingplotter pinging to 8.8.8.8 and just the past day, there were disconnects/reconnects at

5:21

5:28

5:40

5:42

5:45

5:46

6:00

6:01

6:23-6:24

7:20

and the most recent at

8:52-8:53

all AM.

Can I get a tech to my house so this can be fixed?This happens daily and it is extremely frustrating. I just bought a new modem and router in april hoping to that it would fix it but it still happens. It disconnects wired and wireless and the google chrome will tell me I'm offline and have to wait for the page to automatically refresh. Playing any online game like this is impossible as I get disconnected when it happens

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WFH
    New Contributor

I have the same issue for months now.  Still struggling with dropping off from online meeting, disconnection from VPN, etc. If you look at the log, you should also see critical T3 and T4 timeout and the timestamp should match the the ping request timeout.

Wed Jun 16 14:57:40 2021    Critical (3)   Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:70:e5:0b;CMTS-MAC=6c:41:0e:fc:4d:d5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
     Wed Jun 16 14:57:40 2021    Critical (3)   Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=00:40:36:70:e5:0b;CMTS-MAC=6c:41:0e:fc:4d:d5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
     Wed Jun 16 15:00:22 2021    Critical (3)   Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:70:e5:0b;CMTS-MAC=6c:41:0e:fc:4d:d5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 

Cox sent technicians multiple time, all they do is to make sure the wire connection is solid, measured the signal strength.  I bought two different modems (Netgrea and Motorola) and tried Cox rental modem, nothing works.

A few times, they told me to talk to modem vendors.  I did, and they point out the T3/T4 timeout are due to provider packet lost, not the modem's problem.  I agree with them because the odds for three different modems from three different companies to fail is simply too small.

Please let me know if and how they were able to resolve your issue.  Thanks!

Allan
      @WFH, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.