Forum Discussion

Jacklt279
New Contributor
2 years ago

Can't send emails from my Cox account

I can't send emails from my MacBook or iPad over WiFi.  I can send from my iPhones when using cellular only.  I know it isn't my Apple mail app as I have another email account on that app functioning just fine.  Also, I get the same result using Outlook on the MacBook; I can receive mail but cannot send.  After deleting the Cox account on my MacBook, thinking I might fix the problem if I re-established the account, but I can not re-establish the Cox account.  I keep getting the error message "cannot verify user name or password".

My Cox webmail works fine.

One final note.  Everything worked fine from my home using a Cox Panoramic gateway.  I am temporarily relocated so I am using an different ISP and WiFi network.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Yea, sending from off Cox network is iffy. I think they do a PTR check of your IP address and it has to meet some criteria. Some ISP work, others don't. I would suggest using Cox webmail for the time you are away. Not only is it a work around, but the act of logging into the site might whitelist your IP.

Now as for why recreating your account isn't working, that may be something different. Are you using your email or username? What ever one you are trying, try the other.

Jacklt279
      New Contributor

Thanks.   I guess I will use webmail although sending emails using my iPhone works, too. 

Apple mail asks for both and I've tried switching them around, using the same, etc.  No luck.  

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        using my iPhone works, too. 

I assume you are going through your cellular connection which has a different IP address then when on Wi-Fi. You could put your phone in hotspot mode and share it with your Macbook. You would only have to do it when sending emails.