Forum Discussion

3 hours ago

Brand new laptop out of the box is paused but not available to unpause

I have attempted to connect not one but 2 new laptops to my WiFi. No matter where I go with them they will not find my WiFi but can find every neighbors WiFi for 3 blocks. I plugged in an extender and was able to click on it and enter my password and this brand new laptop out of the box says my cox service is paused and directs me to the app to unpause, so the laptop magically recognizes it is cox and not some other provider, which leads me to believe it’s not the laptop. Spent 3 hours or more starting with messaging asking me if my other devices had service as if I was brand new and didn’t know how the internet works and hadn’t read every troubleshooting prior to contacting them after fully explaining the problem when they were fully capable of checking the account, then being passed from department to department around the world and no one not even a supervisor could figure it out. 1 of the customer service reps seemed to understand the situation but did not have a solution and the rest seemed to be struggling just to grasp the English language. We reset each device multiple times again and they sent me to the store to replace the laptop or ask geek squad. Well I cannot replicate my home WiFi in the store. It doesn’t pack up and travel well. Even hardwired it is blocking new laptops from connecting. I did get a second laptop and have the same situation. Nothing is on the list to unpause yet all devices tell me to contact cox to unpause them. I have tried every setting I know of and not one Representative has a solution or is willing to submit a ticket or escalate the issue for resolution. I need to be able to connect new devices as old devices need replacement. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

No RepliesBe the first to reply