Forum Discussion

MojoGene
New Contributor
2 months ago

Blocked senders list from Outlook app not recognized???

It's another political season and I am getting hammered with emails from every Tom, **bleep** and Harry running for office and his brother-in-law.

I use Outlook as my desktop email app and for months I have been religiously adding all these email sender domains to my Outlook Blocked Senders List. This seems to have had no effect, so I started doing some investigation.

I went to my online Cox Email and looked at the Blocked Senders List on Cox. NADA. Nothing. Not one blocked email listed! This seems to be a major weakness in the Cox online email setup, but putting that matter aside for the moment is there any way to add a list of blocked email addresses to the Cox blocked senders list?

There are hundreds of blocked senders in my Outlook email app and it is easy to export a text file containing this list, but adding all these addresses one-by-one to the online Cox email account is far beyond my patience.

Thanks.

• So, outlook is a separate client and has no direct influence on the Cox mail system. If outlook isn't blocking things you have selected for it to block, you will need to contact cox Complete Care, (Fee based support), or contact Microsoft. It's not a cox issue. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

So, outlook is a separate client and has no direct influence on the Cox mail system. If outlook isn't blocking things you have selected for it to block, you will need to contact cox Complete Care, (Fee based support), or contact Microsoft. It's not a cox issue.