Forum Discussion

rhahki
New Contributor
3 days ago

Being charged for service after canceling Cox internet.

After years of internet service with Cox Cable and for a significant cost savings (I am on a fixed income) I changed to Frontier Fiber on August 28th of this year and when the installation was complete, using the email address on the Cox statement, cancelled my Cox service. I was then getting late payment emails from them and yesterday received a letter stating that I owed them $180.  After two hours on the phone yesterday and talking to 5 different people (lots of transfers and even called the local Cox store) I was told they didn't receive my email and from a couple of people that they do not read/respond to emails. Therefore, the best any of them could offer was to use yesterday as the cancellation date so I still owed $141 - for service never received.  I had disconnected their cable when fiber was installed.  I still refuse to pay but am afraid they may go to a collection agency and wreck my good credit rating. Through the CT Dept. Of Comsumer Protection, I just filed a complaint with the CT Public Utilities Regulatory Authority which oversees cable companies.  I hope they can help and at this point, I am glad I no longer have Cox for my internet

• Hello rhahki, I truly apologize for any prior miscommunication that has occurred. We do not cancel services through email; however, you can cancel by visiting any Cox store or by phone. Moving forward, I'd like to offer assistance in this matter. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern, and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook. Thank you.