Forum Discussion

llshubert1
New Contributor
2 days ago

Bandwidth’s

I now have the panoramic wifi and I am trying to set up my MYQ garage door opener that will only use 2.4ghz and my phone has to be on same for setup but it automatically goes to best which is 5ghz is there a way to make it go to the 2.4ghz besides splitting the bands which is not recommended and if so do I have to split all three 2.4, 5 and 6 or can I leave 5 and 6 under 1 username and password 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

You are incorrect. If a device is 2.4 ghz, that's all it will see. You can have 5 and 6 ghz with the same ssid and wpa key, and it will not interfere with the 2.4 in any way, because a 2.4 ghz device cannot see anything BUT 2.4. I have an raxe300 Netgear wifi 6 router and my 2.4 ghz older tv works just fine as does other other devices like BLINK cameras/doorbell and other devices, like my inside ring camera. 

You can tell your phone to use 2.4, each phone is different in how it's done. 

Per MYQ -

Does myQ only work with 2.4 GHz?

If your router has both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, ensure 2.4 is GHz enabled. myQ Wi-Fi products only support 2.4 GHz band Wi-Fi and will not connect to 5 GHz band Wi-Fi.

Anyone else who has told you otherwise, is misinformed. My credentials, I am a network engineer with multiple certifications. If there is a question about my knowledge, ask TiffanyR or LisaH.