Forum Discussion

Weather_forecas
New Contributor
2 years ago

Arris TM3402A Modem disconnection issue last 3 days

The last 3 days when I wake up at 7 AM I notice on my TP LInk router one of the icons are orange they are always Green.. My wifi is out and my wired PC has no connection However the Arris modem  TM 3402A  HW_ REV:7 All the modem lights are lit green and the phone over IP with cox works!!! This just started 3 days ago each morning and today as well even at 130PM here today it knocked out I had to reboot the modem and sometimes 2 or 3 times before it get back online--Then it stays strong til the AM hours!  Speed test shows 300 Down Ping 8 ms wiires all good I even bypassed the router and it took me a few trys to get internet to my hard wired computer had to reboot modem 3 times! Each time however the green modem lights were on no errors but no internet only phone!!  Any ideas? Thank you for any help! Its running now 100% but come morning its out!

4 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you access the logs at 192.168.100.1? Anything around the time of the disconnects?  Also, this reminds me of this post.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

What happens with your computer hardwired? Are you using a different ethernet cable from the modem tot he computer? Are you getting a message on the computer. "Connected no internet", or "Not connected, connections are available", or something that says "No connections available"?

Weather_forecas
      New Contributor

HI there Sorry for the delay I do get a message that my internet is disconnected and I do see that on my router light the globe on my router is always green when i see it orange I know there is no internet!  The crazy thing is the Arris TM3402A lights are alway lit as if there were no issues! Again my ping is 6 to 8 MS  the speed is a clean 300 down always and never any lag! Its just at times the Modem has to be restarted and sometimes 2 o 3 times to get it to come back online! The phone never drops out! This is all a new problem never had this before with this modem--Maybe there was an update and the modem doesnt worki with that update I also read that there is a bug in this modem when a chip gets hot but again Why all of a sudden? Its running now 100% and probably will til around 7 PM when i walk into my computer room and notice the Orange globe on my router blinking!! Also I have totally by passed the router I connected directly to the modem only to have the same issue happen!! The lights on the modem remain green as if everything was good but no internet! A reboot of the modem will fix the issue for many hours! Thanks for any help!!  

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

try replacing the ethernet cable between the router and the modem. If the modem is online and the router shows disconnected, it may be as simple as swapping the ethernet cable, unless you are using a different ethernet cable when connected directly, if so, you may have a faulty modem. You can swap it at a cox solution store, it's a plug and play swap.