Forum Discussion

barry777
New Contributor
2 years ago

ARRIS 2472

Is COX still providing this modem or have they switched to a better model - one that does not have a bug?

I have the 2472G.

Thanks

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

If you have a 2472, I would KEEP it! It's WiFi is better than ALL the new pano modems, and it has MOCA, and you can use an Actiontec Moca extender for a mesh network, and 4 additional ethernet connection at another outlet, so your tv and/or gaming system in another room work wired, instead of WiFi!

If you are in Va Beach, and still don't want it, I will be GLAD to buy it off of you!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      If you are in Va Beach, and still don't want it, I will be GLAD to buy it off of you!

How would that work? OP doesn't own it to legally sell it. It is under lease.

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

Cox gave them to some people, so some people actually own it.  They gave it to a lot of straight up internet people also. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Define "better". More recent, yes but some have shown that the newer models lack the same range. The 2472 seems to still be in use for up to Ultimate tier. What tier/speed do you pay for? Also, what bug?

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

Panoramic Wifi Gateway

Brand: TECHNICOLOR

Model: CGM4331COM

This is what I am using.